3 Minute Meditation For Your Mind And Body
Disclaimer: I received complimentary candles from Chesapeake Bay Candle through my partnership with SheSavvy. As always, all opinions are my own. Full PR & Disclosure here.
We’ve all heard the phrase, “Stop and smell the roses”, but how often do we actually do it?
The answer is probably ‘not enough’ or ‘not at all’ in some cases, yet it is so vital for the wellness of our mind and body. Being still and taking a time for yourself is the key to focusing your mind, reducing brain chatter (my biggest struggle) and lowering stress levels.
The mind-body connection is also connected by our sense of smell. Scents can link to memories, have an influence on emotion, can help with insomnia & stress and affect our overall health and well-being.
I invite you today to join me in a 3 minute meditation using stillness and scent.
I am in love with the candles from Chesapeake Bay Candle! For today’s meditation I am using their Reflection & Clarity Candle but I’ve put the details and links of 4 new scents in their mind and body collection below.
The frosted jars look beautiful both lit and unlit and go with any home and their natural wooden lids make for beautiful gifts. I also love that all the candles are made from a natural soy wax and feature self-trimming wicks. The fragrances are also enhanced with essential oils which makes the scents smell so wonderful.
Here is your 3 Minute Meditation:
Before you begin find a comfortable place to sit on floor or chair.
- Minute 1: Take one deep breath in through your nose allowing your diaphragm and chest to expand fully. As you exhale through your mouth, softly close your eyes and feel the weight of your body settle into the surface you’re sitting on. Continue to breathe normally focusing simply on the inhale and exhale.
- Minute 2: As you continue to focus on your breath you will notice your mind start to wander. That is OK. Acknowledge the thought and then let it go, allowing your focus to come back to your inhale and exhale. If you’re hearing sounds, allow them to come and go and then bring the focus back to your body and the movement of your breath in the body.
- Minute 3: Take a moment and allow your mind to wander wherever it wants to. Notice any scents, sounds and thoughts and allow the mind to be free. Now bring your attention back to your breath and gently open your eyes. Recognize how you feel and then take a deep breath in through your nose and exhale fully through your mouth.
Chesapeake Bay Candle has launched a collection of mind and body candles to help you pause and find a moment of stillness while enjoying the simple pleasures of fragrance. Here are all the details for my 4 favorites:
- Fragrance: Waterlily Pear
- Essential Oils Used: Orange Oil
- Description: The combination of juicy tropical fruits, ripened peach, and delicious pear rises through the soul of this harmonious fragrance. Fresh petals of rose, violet, waterlily, and cyclamen dance around watery greens and creamy coconut. Add a sense of balance to your interior and bring the outdoors in as sandalwood fuses with the green foliage and subtle rosewood.
- $18 – click here to learn more.
- Fragrance: Sea Salt Sage (my fave!)
- Essential Oils Used: Orange, Chamomile, Lavender, Laurel, Patchouli, Tea
- Description: Allow the mind time for quiet contemplation with soothing notes of chamomile, eucalyptus, and lavender. Bright cyclamen and botanical cedar wood cut through the noise of everyday hustle and bustle. Sea salt, clary sage, and thyme clear the air, with an inspiring freshness akin to a brisk morning sunrise reflecting on the shores of the bay.
- $18 – click here to learn more.
- Fragrance: Oak Moss Amber
- Essential Oils Used: Copaiba, Fir, Lemon, Patchouli
- Description: A crystal marine and shimmering ozone top note carries its strength like a free-flowing river. Quietly weathered like a smooth water stone, aromatic lavender and sage are brushed by white cedar and oak moss. Intensified with warm amber, oriental spice, and sensual patchouli, the fragrance reveals a touch of elegance and confidence.
- $13 – click here to learn more.
- Fragrance: Cashmere Jasmine
- Essential Oils Used: Ylang Ylang, Lemon, Cedarwood
- Description: Fresh clean and airy notes of lily of the valley and bergamot do not betray the relaxing nature of this fragrant aroma. Escape into the comforting arms of exotic jasmine, cotton blossom and rose as they soften the atmosphere. This peaceful floral combination pleasantly rests of delicate cashmere woods, white musk and sandalwood.
- $20 – click here to learn more.