Enchilada Lasagna Recipe
I am having an amazing time playing around in the kitchen with my ‘new-found’, gluten-free ingredients. Today’s recipe will most likely become a household staple for us. If you love Mexican & Italian as much as I do, then you will love this combination. Enjoy!
Enchilada Lasagna – Serves 4-6
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 1 x 14.5 oz fire-roasted canned tomatoes, gluten-free
- 1 x 4.5 oz can chopped mild green chilies
- 1.5 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. red chili powder
- 1 x 15oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 gluten-free brown rice tortillas (I used Engine 2)
- 2-3 cups shredded Manchego cheese
- 2 scallions, sliced diagonally, optional garnish
- 1 x 4oz sliced black olives, optional garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, optional garnish
- salsa & sour cream, optional toppings
Preheat oven to 425º. Spray 9×9 glass dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
Remove 1/2 the onion and place in blender. Add canned tomatoes with juice, chilies, cumin, salt & pepper to blender. Process until pureed.
Pour tomato mixture into skillet with remaining onions, add shredded chicken, and black beans. Cook for 2-4 minutes, adding in water if sauce is too thick.
Cut tortillas into quarters. In baking dish, add 1/2 skilled mixture, top with 4 tortilla quarters and 1/2 the cheese. Repeat and top with olives, if desired.
Bake 12-15 minutes and top with scallions and cilantro. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.
More gluten-free recipes HERE.