I’ve been wanting to make a hearty lasagna for months now and finally got the chance! I found these great gluten-free rice lasagna noodles (no boil) from DeBoles at my local Publix and they were delicious! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! Vegetarian version at the bottom.
Gluten-Free Meat Lasagna
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese (goat)
- 2 cups Buffalo mozzarella, grated (1/2 cup set aside for top of lasagna)
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup green or red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 package no-boil rice lasagna noodles (gluten-free)
- 4 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce
Preheat oven to 350°.
In medium bowl, mix egg, cheeses, and pepper together and set aside.
Saute meat in skillet until no longer red, drain excess fat.
Add vegetables to skillet and saute over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
In 9″ x 13″ pan pour small amount of spaghetti sauce in bottom so noodles don’t stick. Layer as such: noodles, cheese mixture, meat & veggie mixture, sauce, and repeat. Top with 1/2 cup reserved mozzarella making sure all noodles are completely covered.
Cover loosely with foil and bake for 1 hour.
For vegetarian lasagna, omit meat and layer with spinach and/or sliced zucchini.