Today’s recipe was created to highlight the flavors of traditional Filipino food. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Crockpot Chicken Adobo
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup gluten-free soy sauce (Tamari)
- 4 bay leaves
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
Combine all ingredients in Crockpot and let sit for 15 minutes (to come to room temperature). Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Discard bay leaves and serve over your favorite rice. Top with remaining juices.
- You may use bone-in chicken, just make sure to take the skin off.
- You may cook this on high for 3-4 hours until meat is tender.
For a great slow cooker check out: Hamilton Beach 33967 Set ‘n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker, Silver on Amazon.com