If you love pine nuts as much as I do, then you are going to love this recipe! Pine nuts are naturally free of gluten and packed full of vitamins, minerals, and heart-healthy fatty acids. I love to mix pine nuts in with pesto and hummus, but today, we are going to roast & stuff them.
Serves 2 - Total Time: 60 minutes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts*
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- handful fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano, shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 stick butter, softened
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup gluten-free panko crumbs
- 1/8 cup pine nuts, finely chopped
* One hour prior to cooking, remove chicken from refrigerator. Allow chicken to come to room temperature so breadcrumbs will adhere.
Preheat oven to 350° F. Arrange pine nuts in a single layer on baking sheet and toast for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
To prepare the filling, place the basil, toasted pine nuts, Pecorino Romano, garlic, and soft butter into food processor. Add salt and pepper as desired and pulse until filling is blended well.
Carefully cut a 3 ” slit in side of chicken breast and open out. Smear filling inside, close and repeat with other chicken breast.
Mix panko and chopped pine nuts together in small bowl and press on top of each chicken breast. Place chicken in oven-safe dish and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until no longer pink inside.
More gluten-free recipes HERE.