3 Best Taco Recipes
When it comes to tacos…I don’t mess around.
I eat taco salads a few times a week and there’s always some version of fajitas going down at least once a week. Growing up my mom made tacos & burritos weekly and I guess it just stuck, and I ain’t mad about it! 😉
Here are my Top 3 Taco Recipes and 2 runner-ups! Which one is your favorite?
This is one of the top recipes on my blog and for good reason...it's delicious and so simple to make!
Click the picture to grab the recipe and let me know what you think and if you tried my chunky salsa recipe too!
#2 Spicy Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp diced jalapeños (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1/2 cup cubed pineapple, fresh
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 8 corn tortillas (optional if low-carb)
- 1/2 cup radishes, sliced thin
- Place chicken, jalapenos and salsa in slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high.
- Place chicken on cutting board and shred.
- Combine pineapple, shallots, lime juice and cumin. Mix well.
- Place chicken on tortillas or straight on your plate and top with pineapple salsa & radishes!
#3 Fish Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1/2 mango, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 medium avocado, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt, divided
- 1 lb. raw mahi-mahi, cod or halibut, washed & patted dry
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 4 corn tortillas (optional if low-carb)
- lime wedges, for garnish
- Pre-heat grill and right before cooking, season with 1/4 tsp salt.
- While grill is heating up make the salsa by mixing together mango, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, 1/4 tsp salt and lime juice. Set aside.
- Grill fish 4 min/side until it flakes easily.
- Create your taco masterpiece and enjoy!
RUNNER UP: Taco Salad – Ditch the crispy shell or tortilla and grab a large bowl and then load it up with crisp romaine, tomatoes, ground turkey, bell peppers and a dollop of guacamole!
RUNNER UP: Chipotle Vegan Tacos – Grab some extra-firm tofu and toss it with olive oil, lime juice, cumin, chipotle powder and garlic. Let marinade 30 minutes and then cook 2-3 minutes per side over medium-high heat. Grab a cabbage leaf for your “taco shell” and load it up with tofu, avocado and salsa! Viola! Vegan tacos. 🙂