Originating in Mexico, this muscle-building protein shake is the perfect compliment to a kick-ass workout.
Almond Horchata -1 Serving
- 1/4 cup blanched whole almonds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Glass of ice
- 1 Cinnamon Stick, optional garnish
- Lime zest, optional garnish
Place first 5 ingredients into blender and mix until creamy. Strain several times through cheesecloth and pour over ice. Garnish with cinnamon stick or lime zest. Flavor will strengthen if made 1 day earlier and chilled, covered.
More gluten-free recipes HERE.
- Horchata Coconut Milk Smoothie (Gluten-Free and Vegan) (beardandbonnet.com)