Protein Peanut Butter Cups
One does not simply eat one peanut butter cup.
If this resonates with you then you are going to LOVE this healthy version of peanut butter cups! There’s always been something about rich chocolate mixed with creamy peanut butter that just makes my mouth water.
I can still remember trick-or-treating as a kid and being so excited to see someone drop that orange wrapper in my bag. Those people were the bomb! Fast forward 30-something years and my kids are just as excited about them as I am! #greatparenting 😉
There’s nothing wrong with having one from time to time (that 80/20 life) BUT what if I could make a healthier version that had less sugar and had a bit more protein in it!! That would be pretty freaking cool! So…I did it! 🙂 This version is gluten and dairy free but you can use whey protein powder and traditional chocolate chips if you’d like.
Introducing Protein Peanut Butter Cups! (and the crowd goes wild)
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did! If you make these and share on social please tag me @bodyrebooted so I can see your masterpieces! xo
PROTEIN PEANUT BUTTER CUPS – 12 servings
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter (the more oil the better)
- 1 scoop Vegan Vanilla Shakeology protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life’s dairy-free dark chocolate chips)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together in 30 second increments until smooth. Stirring after each 30 seconds.
- Place silicone or paper liners in mini cupcake pan and spray lightly with non-stick spray.
- Place a small amount of melted chocolate in the bottom of each cup.
- Place cupcake pan in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Mix peanut butter, protein powder and vanilla extract together.
- Divide filling into 12 small balls rolled in your palms.
- Remove cupcake pan and place one ball of peanut butter filling in each cup. Press down softly and flatten.
- Pour remaining chocolate over filling and freeze fro 15 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy right away or store in a ziploc bag until the mood hits!